ABQ Essential Guide: From the iTunes app store
The proliferation of mobile devices has changed the face of travel guides. Instead of carrying a weighty book, which often is outdated before it hits the bookstore, travelers now can consult frequently updated apps on their mobile iPhone, iTouch or iPad.
SutroMedia.com and Apple have teamed with local experts to create travel apps for national and international destinations. Santa Fe * The City Different by Sally Moore and Albuquerque * Essential Guide by Carolyn Flynn provide coverage of two of New Mexico’s major cities.
The multifeatured apps allow searching by name, cost, and distance, and by attractions, accommodations and spas, museums, special events, recreation, and more. Once a selection is made, a screen appears with a slide show, a locator map with walking and driving directions, a description of the entry, the hours, phone, and web site. There’s room for consumer comments or reviews, and once the app is purchased, the periodic updates are free. Prices are modest.
Santa Fe URL sutromedia.com/apps/Santa_Fe_The_City_Different
Albuquerque URL sutromedia.com/apps/Albuquerque_Essential_Guide
Sutro Media URL sutromedia.com
For interviews, please contact:
Sally Moore, 505-899-2475, email@example.com
Carolyn Flynn, 505-301-3101 firstname.lastname@example.org
Last 5 posts in MEDIA & EVENTS
- Make Media at UNM: Calling All Innovators and Entrepreneurs - November 25th, 2015
- The Power of Narrative to Create Your Path: My TEDxABQ Women 2015 Talk - June 21st, 2015
- A literary evening with Carolyn Flynn, June 3 at Bookworks - May 23rd, 2015
- Tell Better Stories, Live a Better Life - May 23rd, 2015
- Danahy Fiction Prize | I'm a finalist! - December 28th, 2009